Thursday, February 7, 2013

Steampunk Class by Kelly Hoernig

If you've been visiting my blog for a while, you know I love steampunk. I found a class presented by Kelly Hoernig who is teaching five projects that include steampunk elements.

This first week lesson was painting a cheap composition notebook to give it the look of leather, and add an animal and some gears and things to give it a steampunk look. Kelly actually demonstrated painting a squirrel, but I wanted to use a mouse instead. I'm really happy with the way my notebook turned out! It definitely doesn't look like a drugstore composition notebook.

4 comments:

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

This is very cool, Bill! I love steampunk too and I can't wait to see the rest of your projects!

Betty

M said...

This is so fabulous! WOW!!! I love how you painted it on a map of Michigan. And it really does look like leather. I like the little gear for the mousie's eye too.

Junibears said...

Fantastic Bill! xx

Seth said...

That is amazing. And I cannot believe that that was not leather to begin with.