Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Postcard Swap Part 1

My friend Marguerite Bryant and I participated in a postcard swap hosted by Kat Sloma at www.cateyestudio.com. We sent 5 postcards designed by us to Kat, and in return, she mailed us back 5 postcards from people we have never met. She also added one more that was a postcard made from one of her own photos. There is going to be a blog hop where we post the postcards we received from the other participants. Marguerite, however, sent me the 5 postcards she made since there was little likelihood we'd receive others' postcards.

M, as her friends often call her, loves to create art while listening to jazz. She hand drew 5 different people renowned in the jazz world and made them into postcards. Wow! I love her drawings, and wanted you to see them, too. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I did.

In order of their appearance, they are Ella Fitzgerald, Thelonious Monk, Nina Simone, Chet Baker and Billie Holiday. Aren't these fun?!


3 comments:

Martin said...

Wonderful expressive drawings.

DianeSchuller.com said...

these are truly terrific. Again, thank you for your creative postcard. I've only received 4 so far but I'm sure the other 2 will be along shortly. I think your friend's jazz themed drawings are really unique.
From: dianeschuller.com

M said...

Thanks for posting these Bill! I can't believe I am still doing a drawing everyday! I have quite a little gallery of art happening in my hallway at this point. I am running out of places to hang them all!