Thursday, December 16, 2010

Inner Critic

I don't know why I'm totally nuts, but I am. (Actually I do know why, but . . . ) There are lots of times when I really want to draw, but my inner critic tells me I can't do it. I despise my stupid inner critic! He stops me from doing all kinds of things. Sometimes I beat him down enough to get some kind of art created, but most of the time, he just pops right back up and I freeze. Well, the picture below is the start of a character I want to draw. What you see is as far as I got. I told myself I'm going to post it, because maybe by at least doing that, it will allow me to see I'm not totally untalented. It's that darn critic's fault I'm not more productive. I remember reading that SARK met a policeman, and after talking with him for a while, she asked him to arrest her inner critic and put him in jail. That's one smart idea. Does anyone know where I can find a policeman to help me out?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myself....I draw stick figures ~ badly.

You...this is talent. Take it and run with it Bill. It is obvious that your inner critic is jealous.

I want to see more and this was a great start.

ROB said...

GRRRRR, SEND THAT INNER CRITIC AWAY ON A SAILBOAT FAR FAR AWAY XXX WAS HE THE ONE THAT GAVE U THE BLACK EYE? XXXX

Junibears said...

I agree with the above. Send that inner critic on a slow boat to China. I've ordered some soft graphite pencils so I'm going to have a go too.
There's nothing wrong with this sketch Bill! It's super! My only critique is why must he look so angry. Is it because he's singing 'I aint got no body.....'
Big Hugs xxxx