Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another Present - A Moose

Lani Gerity, the famous puppet maker,  sent me a retirement present! Yay. It's a moose. I love moose. They are so big and funny looking that I consider them kin. Thank you so much, Lani, for the wonderful picture!




Being very inspired, I had to write a poem.
 
Who Stole My Moose?

I went outside
to see my moose,
but to my surprise
he’d gotten loose.

Where could he be?
They’re hard to hide.
Did someone take him?
I ran inside.

I grabbed the phone
to report the theft.
“Just calm down.
You sound quite bereft!”

Then I heard a noise
and went out to see.
There stood my moose
with a family!



6 comments:

Lani Gerity said...

Very sweet!

Junibears said...

Love the pics Bill. And your 'pome' is great! xx

indybev said...

Love your poem, Bill, and your moose's family is quite fetching!

Christine said...

Not a moose, but a entire family! So sweet! I could never imagine that you had hawaiian girls in your head, frankly!
My little something is on my blog, I hope you enjoy. Hugs.

ART*ticulation said...

What a great fun poem and Lani's gift fun and funny. Congrats on your retirement!!

Deann said...

I like your moose bill...or is it meese because there are two of them...anyway lovely pictures and poetry!!! Your off to a great start on your retirement.

I love Chris's beach card too she is one cool lady.