Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Three Muses Challenge - Music

Life is always interesting. I didn't create much on the computer during December, because I had a virus that lasted a month. It still feels like it hasn't quite left my chest. At the end of December, we had 6" of snow. I hoped that would be it. I never claimed to like winter. Last Sunday, winter let us know it was just beginning by dumping 10.5" of snow on us. It took me 3 attempts to get us shoveled out. I was determined I was going to do something for the Three Muses Challenge this week, and since the temperature dropped to the lowest we had in years, it was the perfect time. (Monday night the temperature was 14 below zero with the wind chill being 35 below zero. Unbelievable!) I ended up creating two digital collages for the Three Muses Challenge. However, the weather knocked our cable out. We have not had TV or the Internet for almost 48 hours! All that means I am very late in posting for the challenge. Oh well. At least I haven't dropped dead like it felt I was going to. Actually, I think our friend June in England had the bug first. I don't know how it managed to cross the Atlantic, but evidently it was a very strong bug!



By the way, I can't claim responsibility for anything in the collages. I have only survived the past month by drinking hot toddies - whiskey, lemon, honey and hot water. I could be in a drunken stupor for all I know.

10 comments:

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

Bill, I am so glad you are feeling better! And you know I sympathize with you on the ridiculous snow and cold issue!!! What is up with all that, huh? Nonetheless, I'm so glad to see you are back to your collaging and I really love both of your collages for the challenge this week! Were you listening to music when you made them? Somehow I think I can hear something like a symphony when I see them, but perhaps one that plays Beatles or Led Zepplin songs!
Great job!

Betty

Art Chick said...

We've had the same weather here in NW Ohio. Not fun! I love your collages--I love the colors you chose and all the layers and textures. Well done!

johanna said...

good you seem to be on the mend... your creations turned out fine! i feel with you in this cold time - and we had springtime temperatures here in germany. crazy world!

Deann said...

Fabulous work Bill those hot toddies must have helped I'm glad your feeling better.

I just want to tell you that if you don't like snow the mountain west ain't for you 10 inches is just a good start around here but you can keep your cold and the wind off the Great Lakes brrrr
Hope you warm up soon.

M said...

Well if this is work you do in a drunken stupor then I'd say you're doing alright! Continue to heal, my friend!

Electra said...

Man! You make great art in a drunken stupor, Bill! These are stunning! Sorry to hear of the cold, here -35 is normal, but that doesn't mean it's fun. My heart goes out to you. Hope you feel right as rain(snow?) real soon.

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Oh Bill you music pieces are both so amazing, love the backgrounds and colors, so well made.
Anni

Christine said...

Fabulous collages, Bill. I'm happy that monstrous bug have finally left you alone.

Junibears said...

You naughty boy Bill! I didn't send you that bug. I agree it took some getting over but I am on the mend now too.
I love these musical pics. Wonderful! xx

sheila 77 said...

Well, have some more whisky, Bill, these are stunning. They do look a bit dreamlike.
Hope you don't catch any more bugs from your blogging buddies.