Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Want Some French Macarons

I've been visiting a blog named Paris Through My Lens  and looking at the photography of Virgina. The photos were all taken while she was in Paris, France. I hope she doesn't mind, but I'm posting her latest photo here. I would love to taste some real French macarons. They are so beautiful! Plus the French always make such beautiful displays of their food. Be sure to visit her blog if you would like to see some beautiful photos of Paris.


Another blogger who posts incredible pictures of French macarons is Carol Gillott at Paris Breakfasts. I know I've mentioned her before. She actually takes photos of all kinds of French pastries. I guess if I lived in Paris I'd be so fat I couldn't fit through the bakery doors. I'd be eating macarons and pastries all day long! It's a good thing we're broke and can't just fly over there. By the way, Carol paints beautiful watercolors of the pastries, too. Maybe I'll be able to afford one of those one day.


In case you're thinking I'm spelling macaroons wrong, the French spell macaroons with only one "o." They aren't anything like what we think of macaroons here in the US. They come in so many different flavors and colors. I really wish I had one right now to eat with my coffee! Oh well. I did buy a cookbook about making macarons. It's called "Mad about Macarons."  I still haven't gotten the almond flour yet to make them. It takes a bit of practice to get them just right. Something about beating the egg whites just right and then folding them in correctly. One of these days I'll get brave enough to do it.

1 comment:

Junibears said...

I am drooling just looking at the pictures. Beautiful photos.xx