Thursday, February 16, 2012

Life Book Class Continues

This project turned out rather funny, but I actually like what I ended up with. It made me laugh, and I'm finally learning it's okay to laugh at our own work. The end result isn't the healing part; it's the process that counts. I'm still learning how to work with mixed-media. The assignment was to put a "transfer" of a picture of ourselves on a piece of watercolor paper, paint over it adding some craziness to it, and then copy a list of words we were given. I've tried transfers before, and have never gotten them to work. But to my great surprise, this one actually worked! I wanted to stop right there. I was so excited! But I went ahead and followed the assignment. (I'm going to do another transfer and do something leaving the transfer as is.) Here is the result. Live long and prosper!

2 comments:

Linda Gibbons said...

Bill, I didn't know you were a Trekkie!. a very cool page!

M said...

This is cool! I think you did a great job at drawing yourself! I love the glittery gold star trek emblem. Looks like you had a lot of fun making this.